Sunday, June 16, 2013

Trip Day 1 and 2: Flight and Falls

So, it's June 2013 and my parents decided that this year would be another trip to Europe. Quite luckily for me, my parents like to travel and so I've seen France, Germany, Belgium, England, and Ireland. So this year, we're going to Italy. I decided to just make short blog posts about each section of the trip and so here you are reading about me going to a foreign country.

Day One

We saved money on this trip by driving up to Buffalo, NY then sleeping at a hotel, then driving up to Toronto then taking a direct flight to Rome. So Day One basically consisted of absolutely nothing. Then sleeping.

[This saves a lot more money than it seems, trust in the calculations]

Day Two

Since we woke up in Buffalo at like 9 AM and had a flight at 4:30 PM, we decided to go to Niagara Falls before going to Toronto.


So yes, this is quite beautiful. Rainbow and all.








 We stayed on the American side of the falls, but the American side does include the Cave of the Winds, which is a walk down below the falls on a platform where you can get quite heavily sprayed but you also get some lovely shots. 








The plane ride was another story. Though the picture does make it seem a bit more lovely than the trip really was. Flying from Toronto to Rome takes about 8 hours and flying back is even longer, about 9 hours. (You don't have the wind with you - vectors in math actually make sense for once.) But dinner was lovely - some lasagna (quite appropriate for a trip to Rome) and some awful potato salad. So I guess the meal was half lovely. Actually, I also had their only non-carbonated drink: orange juice. Which turned out to be red. No clue how. Anyway - I got no sleep and because - "Hey! I'm a plane and I'm not going to be quiet or comfortable!" Because the plane ride takes 8 hours, and going to Rome crosses 6 time zones... We left at 4:30 and arrived at 7:30. AM. Time travel baby.

1 comment:

  1. I am JEALOUS!! Thanks for posting pictures, it helps me live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete